Thursday, August 26, 2010

Excelling in excel...

I have downlowded this short clipto demonstrate the possibilities of using Windows excel within the classroom.Windows Excel is available in most classrooms and does not need the internet to be connected to use it. Until now, I have had absolutely no idea on the properties of excel other than I was told it was on my computer and that "apparently you can use it for business purposes". I was astounded to find just how much could be achieved.This is a great learning tool and one I will definitely be exploring to potentially achieve maximum learning benefits for my students.By providing an online tutorial it gives students the opportunity to work at their own pace and therefore revisit instructions that may have been misunderstood as the teacher explained.This is something I can associate with.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so I am unsure as to why the words highlighted in green are hyperlinked. This is not something that I have done on purpose. Yet another thing to watch out for with students.

    ReplyDelete